History of Foxcroft
Built in 1884 for John Fox, the deputy to the local brewer Brockbank (Kirksanton Bank Springs Brewery). He did not have any children and in his will of 1899 he left his estate to his godson Arthur Hodgson Brockbank, only if he assumed the name Fox alone or after Brockbank. This he duly did and lived in Foxcroft until his death in 1954. During this period the house was used as the officers mess for RAF Millom during the Second World War.
The property was then purchased by Dr McClintock Ross and his wife, Esdille for the sum of £2,800 and used as a family home for him, his wife and his five sons. We believe that when the doctor died his widow sold Foxcroft to Leslie Ackerley and his wife shortly after selling 30 acres of land that surrounds Foxcroft to the local farmers, retaining just over 4 acres that now surround the house. The current owners purchased the house in 2007.